HEG is Europe’s largest privately owned hosting provider. Through its brand 123 Reg, it is the largest domain registrar in the UK, registering over 3 million .co.uk and .uk domain names, and through its brand PlusServer, it is the second largest Managed Hosting Provider in Germany. With over 1000 employees globally, HEG helps small businesses and large enterprises make the most from the internet. HEG operates its own data centre facilities across Europe and the US and has more than 7 million domain names under management, servicing more than 1.7 million customers. This makes HEG one of Europe’s leading hosting providers of solutions for small and medium sized business.
Host Europe GmbH (A HEG company) are currently recruiting for a
IT Security Engineer (m/f)
to join our expanding Hürth (near Cologne) based team.
An exciting opportunity for a talented IT professional to develop their information security career.
The successful applicant will be responsible for coordinating and deploying Information Security policies, standards and operation of the Mass Hosting ISMS. The ideal applicant will understand information security threats, what controls are in place and where there may be vulnerabilities. Successful applicants can expect full training and support in gaining information security accreditations, funded by HEG.
- Develop information security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Addresses evolving business risks and information control requirements.
- Manages the assessment of threats to information assurance.
- Conducts security control audits, business risk assessments and reviews that follow significant breaches of security controls.
- Owns the Mass Hosting Security risk register.
- Reports on the effectiveness of the security arrangements and drives improvements.
- Operates as subject matter expert for information security within the business, regulatory requirements such as data protection.
- Takes active steps to promotes IT Security as a value added business service
- Coordination of training and the raising of awareness-levels
- At least 1-2 years of work experience in a role within a secure environment (sys-admin or similar)
- Information Security best practice
- Industry relevant business knowledge and working practices
- Some exposure to audit processes
- Understanding of risk analysis and assessment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful apprenticeship in an IT related field or University degree in a related area or other related qualification
- Knowledge of relevant standards, frameworks and contractual obligations such as PCIDSS, ISO27001, BSI – IT-Grundschutz, ITIL
- Information security qualifications or equivalent preferable but not essential
- Awareness of relevant legislation including UK data protection Act, German Federal Data Protection Act
- Fluent English and German language skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A safe job in an international, dynamic and fast growing company
- Motivated and smart colleagues
- Career development opportunities
- State of the art tech to work with
- Great benefits such as company crèche (in Cologne Porz), Christmas parties, summer parties, canteen, etc.
Does this sound like the kind of role your talent deserves? Please complete your application on our in-house system: